The Chennault International Airport Authority (CIAA) maintains and markets the Chennault facility. The Board of Commissioners governs the functions of the CIAA. Members of the board are appointed by various local bodies and serve four-year terms.
Executive Director Kevin Melton joined Chennault in 2018 from American Airlines, where he directly supported the Vice President for Technical Operations on national and international projects. Melton retired in 2016 from a 24-year career with the U.S. Air Force at the rank of Colonel. His operational background includes oversight of airport operations, air traffic control facilities, and combat airspace nationally and internationally. His additional international commerce experience was as the Department of Defense lead with the U.S. State Department to aid Iraq and Afghanistan’s civil airspace rebuilding initiatives that directly related to re-growing international air commerce for those two countries.
Melton is responsible for all operations and policies for the airport, which includes an aggressive focus on economic development and airport operations growth at the national and international levels. In this capacity, he is directly responsible to each of the airport’s tenants, three of which are major aerospace leaders at the international levels in their markets.
Under his leadership at Chennault, the Louisiana Department of Transportation awarded the airport the Part 139 General Aviation Airport of the Year for 2021.
Andrea LaFleur – email@example.com
Director of Executive and Airport Affairs
- Responsible for the overall administrative performance of the Chennault International Airport Authority and directly supports the Executive Director to ensure all airport business engagements are effectively, and efficiently monitored to meet local, state and federal requirements.
- Responsible for the professional discernment of the Authority to the public, prospective clients, tenants, Commissioners and staff members.
- Responsible for ensuring that public meetings are in accordance with open meeting laws.
- Performs the functions of Capital Projects Management and Major Repairs Administrator.
Loretta Hanks – firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Finance
- Subject matter expert to the Executive Director on all financial platforms related to the Airport.
- Develop management and oversight of multi-million dollar budgets with the goal of zero deficiencies.
- Executive Director designated lead to develop short and long-term budget strategies to meet current and future financial obligations for Chennault International Airport Authority.
- Leads execution of over $138 million in infrastructure assets. Administers over $20 million in payables annually.
Mitch O’Neal – email@example.com
Director of Operations
- Responsible for managing, assessing, and evaluating airport operations
- Enforces airport policies and regulations where applicable
John McMullen – firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Facilities and Maintenance
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing all maintenance and construction activities for Chennault International Airport Authority.
- Acts on behalf of the Executive Director to manage and oversee the facility and airfield projects. Facilities include but are not limited to; Hangars, major equipment associated with hangars, runway, taxiway, control tower, airfield lighting, painting and signage, airfield navigational systems, hangar fire suppression systems, fire/crash trucks and emergency equipment, HVAC systems, facility pavement, office buildings, electrical, heavy equipment, fencing, electronic gates, piping, lighting, fans and blowers, vehicles, facility drainage, property management, airfield and facility grass management.